ProChile UK is a Chilean trade organisation in the United Kingdom, part of Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs institution in charge of promoting exports of Chilean goods and services, the attraction of foreign investment and promotion of tourism.
Exports of Chilean fruits and vegetables to the United Kingdom amounts to over $200 million annually. With the current pandemic, the demand for purchasing groceries online has grown significantly, presenting a valuable opportunity to increase recognition of and benefits of consuming Chilean origin produce.
GA Agency and ProChile started collaborating in November 2020 on a one-month long Instagram Influencer Marketing campaign, with the goal of raising awareness in the United Kingdom about the high-quality of Chilean fruits, vegetables, Pisco spirit and wines.
The client’s main goal was to increase recognition and benefits of consuming Chilean origin produce.
In order to promote Chilean drinks and food in the United Kingdom, GA Agency reached out to the top chefs, bartenders as well as food and drink influencers in the country. The selected high-profile influencers were asked to create innovative recipes of meals and drinks by using the fine Chilean origin ingredients provided, including avocados, blueberries, nuts, Chilean wine, and Pisco spirit.
The influencers captured their progress and final results in the form of photos and videos and posted them on their Instagram feeds and stories to showcase to their wide-reaching audiences.
They also educated their followers on:
● How to create a refreshing new cocktail, the Pisco Flower, with the national spirit, Pisco, of whom Chile is the number one producer in the world. The new cocktail was made by the Head Mixologist of the Connaught Bar, the award-winning 2020 #1 Best Bar in the World by The World’s 50 Best Bars
● How to bake a Blueberry & Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with blueberries & nuts from Chile by the Netflix TV contest “Crazy Delicious” star, plant based chef and food photographer. She also explained the world-renowned benefits of eating Chilean fruits, such as food safety standards thanks to natural phytosanitary barriers that keep them from pests and disease; quality, traceability and natural flavour
● How to make indulgent looking yet simple Blueberry Layer cake paired with Chilean rose wine by a professional recipe creator, food stylist and photographer with publications on Soho House, Sainsbury’s, Teso. She educated her followers on that Chile has over 450 years of wine making experience and outstanding conditions for creating premium wine.
The campaign resulted in delicious new cocktail and recipe creations and wonderful creatives produced that were greatly enjoyed by the follower audiences. It was a successful, well-planned campaign that delivered the below results:
● Total number of influencers: 6
● Total following: 170,640
● Content pieces delivered: 35
● Total audience reach: 982,338
● Total story impressions: 55,821
● Total engagement: 2,984