Google announced new ad tools at its Google Marketing Live event on the 24th May 2022 including new Insights reports, updates to Max Performance campaigns, mobile-first formats for responsive display ads, improved analytics, and more. We’ve recapped the key points that are important to take away from the event so you can improve your paid media campaigns with Google.
New video options added to Discover feeds
Discover is a feed curated by Google which delivers personalised content for the user, based on the type of content they enjoy. Google is adding new video options for Discover feeds to offer more engaging and compelling ad experiences, which can help to increase brand engagement.
New reports for its Insights page
To improve targeting and contextual understanding, Google has announced three new types of Insights:
- Demand forecasts
- Consumer interest themes
- Audience insights
They have also announced three new reports that they will be rolling out:
- Attribution insights show how your ads work together across Google surfaces, such as Search, Display and YouTube to drive conversions.
- Budget insights find new opportunities for budget optimisation and show how your spend is pacing against your budget goals.
- Audience insights for first-party data show how your customer segments, such as those created with Customer Match, are driving campaign performance.
Updates to Performance Max campaigns
Last year Performance Max was launched to all advertisers to help achieve better results, during the Google Marketing Live event they announced several updates to improve this further and drive better results.
- A/B testing to show how Performance Max is driving incremental conversions.
- Optimisation score and recommendations.
- Ability to optimise for in-store sales, in addition to store visits and local actions. This will be released later this year with the option to use burst campaigns to help meet in-store goals during shorter seasonal events.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what’s driving performance with new insights and explanations (including audience & auction insights, and attribution)
Automatically created assets for responsive search ads
In order to improve ad relevance, Google will be rolling out automatically created assets for responsive search ads. If you use this tool, assets will be automatically created based on content from your existing ads and landing pages. This will allow you to generate more relevant ads, as it will display the best performing combination of automatically created assets.
Expansion of optimisation score
Google is expanding its optimisation score to cover every campaign type for advertisers which will allow advertisers to prioritise the most impactful changes, this will be available globally.
New mobile-first layouts
The introduction of new, mobile-first layouts for responsive display ads will allow advertisers to showcase their brand on full-screen portrait ad inventory. Additionally, scrollable ads and videos based on your product feed are being introduced for a more engaging shopping experience.
There were a lot of new announcements from the Google Marketing Live event, here are a couple of additional updates that Google will be rolling out this year:
- Google will begin the worldwide testing of its more privacy-focused ad targeting tools later this year.
- Simply your tag management with the new Google tag, streamlining the process.
- Conversion Lift Testing will be introduced to Display & Video 360 campaigns, allowing you to understand the business impact of your ads.
- Display & Video 360 will help advertisers use connected TV campaigns to reach in-market, affinity, and demographic audiences across YouTube and other ad-supported connected TV ads.
- Feeds in App campaigns will appear on YouTube to showcase more targeted content.
- New local ad formats and bidding updates will be introduced to deliver more foot traffic, allowing you to increase in-store sales with your online ads.
If you would like professional assistance with your paid media campaigns, our international and multilingual team at GA Agency can help. We offer a range of services and manage paid media campaigns for our clients on different platforms such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. Contact us to see how we can work with you as a strategic partner.